Home page di Itinerari Turistici e Culturali - Milano

Cultural Sightseeing Tours in Milan

Via Paladini 7 · Milano 20133 · Italy · Phone +39 02 7015171 · Fax +39 02 70105971 · Contacts ·

Itinerario di Brera - Milano


Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II - Milano Itinerari



Teatro alla Scala - Milano Itinerari



Teatro dei Filodrammatici - Milano Itinerari

Palazzo Clerici - Milano Itinerari


Chiesa di San Giuseppe - Milano Itinerari

Chiesa Santa Maria del Carmine - Milano Itinerari


Accademia di Brera - Milano Itinerari

Casa degli Omenoni - Milano Itinerari

Where the churches have became theatres...beneath Tiepolo’s skies
Places where pictorial, monumental and architectural art merge inside the theatres. The shrines of the spirit transforming into shrines of performance beneath “Tiepolo’s firmament”.

Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II
The Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II is a covered double arcade formed of two glass-vaulted arcades at right angles intersecting in an octagon; it is prominently sited on the northern side of the Piazza del Duomo in Milan, and connects to the Piazza della Scala. Named after Vittorio Emanuele II, the first king of united Italy, it was originally designed in 1861 and built by Giuseppe Mengoni between 1865 and 1877. The central octagonal space is topped with a glass dome. The Milanese Galleria was larger in scale than its predecessors and was an important step in the evolution of the modern glazed and enclosed shopping mall, of which it was the direct progenitor. The Galleria connects two of Milan's most famous landmarks: The Duomo and the Teatro Alla Scala. More than 130 years after its inauguration, the four-story arcade includes elegant shops selling most things from haute couture to books, as well as restaurants, cafés and bars.

La Scala Opera House Milan
The Teatro alla Scala was founded, under the auspices of the Empress Maria Theresa of Austria, to replace the Royal Ducal Theatre, which was destroyed by fire on 26 February 1776 and had until then been the home of opera in Milan. The cost of building the new theatre was borne by the owners of the boxes at the Ducal, in exchange for possession of the land on which stood the church of Santa Maria alla Scala (hence the name) and for renewed ownership of their boxes. Designed by the great neoclassical architect Giuseppe Piermarini, La Scala opened on 3 August 1778 with Antonio Salieri's opera L'Europa riconosciuta, to a libretto by Mattia Verazi.

The Filodrammatici Theatre
The Filodrammatici theatre of Milan was built between 1798 and 1800 by the great architect Luigi Canonica; the original design by Piermarini was modified by Pollak. The actual 20th century style is the result of major works carried out between the years 1904 and 1970.

Palazzo Clerici - Clerici’s Palace
Clerici’s Palace is situated in the heart of Milan and was owned by one of the most ancient Milanese families in Milan: the Visconti dei Consignori di Somma. In 1613 the Clerici moved to Milan where they started occupying important public offices. In 1741 Antonio Clerici gave to Giovanbattista Tiepolo the commission to decorate the vault of the Representation Arcade; he gave birth to a masterpiece today know as the Tiepolo’s Arcade.

Church of San Giuseppe
Planned by Francesco Maria Richini the church was built between 1607 and 1630, its represents the first pure baroque building in Milan marking the end of the Mannerism style, the main style of those times. Francesco Maria Richini introduced, in a very small environment, a mixed plan composed by two centralized spaces originally belonging to the church of Sant'Alessandro in Zebedia. The plastic effect of the façade is very impressive; the main decoration consists of superimposed niches containing 19th-century statue.

Church of Santa Maria del Carmine
The church of Santa Maria del Carmine stands on a previous Carmelite shrine dated 1250; the building started in 1400 under the plan and supervision of Bernardo da Venezia; after a collapse the construction started again in 1447 using building material from the recently destroyed Viscount Castle (afterwards rebuilt and called Sforzesco Castle). The church was finished with its gothic style in 1456 and in 1490 the parvis was realized by Pietro Solari. Successively baroque elements were added and with the work of Giuseppe Pestagalli (1826 - 39) and Carlo Maciachini 1880 the church was reshaped with a new “Lombard-Gothic” façade. Ambrogio Annoni (1912) removed the different internal stratification giving to the church the original proportions.

Brera Academy and Art Gallery
The name Brera derives from the German word “Braida” which means grassy flat space. The Palace was built on the ruins of a convent and in 1572 was taken by the Jesuits Order who gave Francesco Maria Richini the duty to renovate the Palace (1627-28). In 1772 the Palace received a new institutional structure because the Society of Jesus was suppressed. Besides the Astronomical Observatory and the Library built by the Jesuits Order, the Academic of Fine Arts and the Botanical Garden were founded respectively in 1774 and 1776.

Church of San Marco
According to the tradition, the church was named after San Marco because he came in support of Milan and Venice in the struggle against Barbarossa but the first reliable evidences date back in 1254. In that year Lanfranco Settala, Head Prior of Sant'Agostino’s Heremits, gave the order to replace the existing buildings with a three nave gothic church (a nave and two side aisles). The structure was heavily modified in Baroque style during the 17th century, when it became the largest church in Milan after the Duomo.

You are in Cultural Sightseeing Tours in Milan web site

Mirage Hotels Group - Gemelli s.r.l. Via Casella, 61 - 20156 Milano - P.IVA 10325510153

Itinerari Turistici e Culturali Milano - Via Paladini, 7 - 20133 Milano - Italy
Phone +39 02 7015171 Fax +39 02 70105971 - info@residencebiancacroce.it

© 2008 - 2016 Itinerari Turistici Milano - Mirage Group - All Rights Reserved - Created by Spazio Immagine Galli